Biovault, the most highly accredited private cord blood bank in the UK has been given the prestigious JACIE recognition for their work undertaken in their sector. JACIE, the Joint Accreditation Committee of the International Society for Cellular Therapy & the European Society for Blood & Marrow Transplantation is responsible for assessing and accrediting the field of haematopoietic stem cell therapy.
The accreditation is a result of the close relationship between Biovault and the NHS, acting as the processing & storage facility for the South West Peninsular Transplant Service.
Biovault Family have been storing Umbilical Cord Blood and Stem Cells for over 10 years and have released more products for transplant than any other UK private cord blood and tissue banks. The JACIE accreditation is highly regarded as Europe’s highest standard for tissue banks working with peripheral blood and bone marrow derived stem cells.
In their final report the inspection team commented:
- “Biovault is a well-established and professionally operated service”
- “There is very clearly an excellent and well established interaction between the processing facility at Biovault & the Clinical Transplantation site”
- “There is a clear commitment to quality systems by the Biovault staff”
- “The management team at Biovault is committed to continuous improvement”
- “The Inspector and Observer both agree that Biovault offers a safe and reliable service”
Commenting on the news, Will Barclay, Chief Executive at Biovault, said “We are naturally delighted that Biovault is one of only 175 JACIE accredited centres in the world but even more proud that we are the only private tissue bank to hold this accreditation.”
In addition to this report, Biovault last week passed its ISO 9001 and 13485 recertification audit which once again recognises and reaffirms its position as a credible and reliable organisation.