References and additional information sources
1) Lifetime Probabilities of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in the U.S,
J.J. Nietfeld et al March 2008, Volume 14, Issue 3, Pages 316-322
2) Why red blood cells should be removed before cord blood storage.
Andromachi Scaradavou, MD, Medical Director of the New York Blood Center's National Cord Blood Program.
3) Umbilical cord stem cells
Moise K Jr. Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Dec; 106(6):1393-1407.
4) UK Human Tissue Authority Website Cord blood Banking Guide
5) Parents’ Guide Cord Blood Foundation website www.parentsguidecordblood.org.
This impartial website has many useful articles and information for parents thinking of banking their child’s cord
blood and tissue
6) Save the cord foundation www.savethecordfoundation.org.
This is a good impartial website which provides information