Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, Our Site;
- means Biovault Technical Ltd trading as Biovault Family a company registered in England under 08323531, whose registered address and main trading address is 24 Brest Road, Derriford, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 5XP.
Information About Us
Our Site, www.biovaultfamily.com, is owned and operated by Biovault Technical Ltd trading as Biovault Family a limited company registered in England under 08323531, whose registered address and main trading address is 24 Brest Road, Derriford, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 5XP. Our VAT number is 153164429.
We are regulated by the Human Tissue Authority. Licence Number 11063.
Access to Our Site
Access to Our Site is free of charge.
It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
Intellectual Property Rights
All Content included on Our Site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Us. All Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use Content from Our Site unless given express written permission to do so by Us.
- Access, view and use Our Site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app);
- Download Our Site (or any part of it) for caching;
- Print any page from Our Site;
- Download extracts from pages on Our Site; and
- Save pages from Our Site for later and/or offline viewing.
Our status as the owner and author of the Content on Our Site (or that of identified licensors, as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
You may not use any Content saved or downloaded from Our Site for commercial purposes without first obtaining permission from Us (or our licensors, as appropriate) to do so. This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of Our Site for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the provisions of Chapter III of the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
The framing, mirroring, scraping or data-mining of this website in any form and by any method is strictly prohibited.
Links to Other Sites
Through Our website you are able to link to other websites which are not under Our control or the control of any associated brand. We have no control over the nature, content or availability of those sites. The inclusion of a link does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
The content on Our site does not constitute advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. Professional or specialist advice should be sought where necessary before taking any action relating to the services offered.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content on Our site is complete, accurate and up to date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the content is complete, accurate or up to date.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, We take no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond Our control.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) Our Site or the use of or reliance upon any Content included on Our Site.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to Our Site or any Content included on Our Site.
We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of Our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law. For full details of consumers’ legal rights, including those relating to digital content, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Subject to the above clauses Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of breaching these Website Terms and Conditions of Use is strictly limited to direct losses only and shall in no circumstances exceed the purchase price of the Goods or Service (as applicable) you purchase.
Privacy and Cookies
Changes to these Terms and Conditions We may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will become binding on you upon your first use of Our Site after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and Conditions and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
To contact Us, please email Us at [email protected] or using any of the methods provided on the Contact page of our website.
All personal information that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in this clause above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
Definitions and Interpretation
- means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;
- “Cookie Law”
- means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
- “personal data”
- means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary CookiesA Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics CookiesIt is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality CookiesFunctionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting CookiesIt is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests.
- Persistent CookiesAny of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session CookiesAny of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
Consent and Control
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome:https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge:https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge(Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS):https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS):https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox:https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android:https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en(Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)